Low on fats for the day but still want a sweet yet creamy treat? Our keto fat bombs are the perfect sugar free high fat treat to enjoy any night of the week.
What Are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are pretty well known in the keto community, and most people either love them or hate them. To be honest I don’t think anyone actually hates them, keto purist just try to get their fats from more whole sources like plain butter or ghee.
Keto fat bombs were deigned for those who are low in fats for the day, and not sure how to get enough in for their low carb diet. Eating plain fats can be, well not tasty.
That’s why our fat bombs recipe is super flavorful, sweet, and creamy. It makes adding in fat easy and delicious.
How Much Fat is in a Fat Bomb?
The amount of fat in a fat bomb really just depends on the size. For each tablespoon of fat you are looking at about 14g of total fat. Therefore each bite sized bomb will be about 14- 20 grams of fat.
This recipe uses a blend of fat and
Each serving of these macadamia nut fat bombs has 13 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein.
How Many Net Carbs are in a Fat Bomb?
Keto fat bombs should be low in protein and carbs with the main nutrient being fat. Each one of our keto fat bombs has 0.2 grams of net carbs which come from the
Depending on the
17 Best Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
Here are our 17 favorite keto fat bomb recipes of all time. Each of these recipes is something we’ve been making for years, so you know it will be good. We try to limit this list to the easiest recipes which require 5 ingredients or less. Give some of these a try and comment down below which one is your favorite!
Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Definitely the creamiest fat bomb recipe on this list. These cheesecake fat bombs are perfect right out of the fridge much like a classic cheesecake. Increase the flavor with different additions like berries, nuts or chocolate chips. If you like a more tangy cheesecake then don’t be afraid to add a little sour cream either.
3 Ingredient Keto Fat Bombs
The recipe for this one is at the bottom of this post, and it’s definitely one of our favorites. I like the simplicity and the flavor of this one. It clocks in at basically 0g of carbs per serving and packs in a healthy serving of protein as well. Give this fat bomb recipe a try if you’re short on time one day.
2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Fat Bombs
Nothing compares to the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Using just those two ingredients and an ice cube tray, you can make the most incredible keto friendly fat bombs you’ve ever had.
Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
This might be the hardest recipe to eat in moderation…so proceed with caution. This cookie dough doesn’t include eggs so it is made to be edible. You may want to portion this one out with a cookie scoop so you don’t go overboard.
Coconut Fat Bombs – 3 Ingredients
Continuing with our trend of very easy recipes that are extremely low in carbs, we have these coconut fat bombs. I prefer to store these in the freezer and pop a few out after dinner. They basically never go bad so it doesn’t hurt to make a large batch to always have at the ready.
Shelf Stable Fat Bombs
The age old question… Is it possible to make a fat bomb that doesn’t melt at room temperature? It was hard, but we’ve finally managed it. Using a specific combination of fats we are able to make fat bombs that you can carry around with you and not worry about them melting.
Almond Joy Fat Bombs
People are very divided on Almond Joy’s. If you’re like me you just love the sweet coconut filling and the slightly bitter exterior. The almond is the cherry on top that provides a bit of crunch and flavor. We’ve recreated this magical candy as a keto friendly fat bomb. Give it a try if you’re an Almond Joy lover like myself.
Snickers Ice Cream Bites
While we’re on the topic of candy, why not recreate on of the most loved candy bars of all time? This layered fat bomb provides you with all the flavors of a snickers bar with none of the carbs or sugar.
Mini Brownie Bites
If you’re looking for a different take on the traditional fat bomb then you may want to check out these mini brownie bites that are loaded delicious chocolate flavors and are completely dairy free.
No Bake Cheesecake
While it’s not the traditional image of a fat bomb, this no bake cheesecake recipe definitely qualifies. Loaded with fat and very little carbs (especially if you leave out the crust) this might just be the tastiest fat bomb recipe on this list.
Keto Mug Cakes
While not every mug cake recipe quite meets the standards of being a fat bomb, these do. Mug cakes are one of our favorite desserts. We love them because they take just 5 minutes to put together and they taste great. Give this recipe a try with 5 different flavoring options.
Keto Mug Brownie
If you don’t mind a little bit higher of a carb count in exchange for a richer and more delicious flavor then this keto mug brownie might just be for you.
Tiramisu is one of the most unique desserts out there. The flavors are so strong and distinct that it is always a welcomed addition to any dinner table. Give this recipe a try if you want to recreate those classic flavors without the carbs or sugar.
3 Ingredient Keto Custard
Now this is a recipe that I’m really proud of. I make this for my 2 year old son all the time and he absolutely loves it. I feel good about it because it uses 3 ingredients that are packed with nutrients…not to mention it tastes great too.
Peanut Butter Fudge
Growing up in Michigan I know a thing or two about fudge, and this 3 ingredient peanut butter fudge is just as good as anything you’ll find on Mackinac Island. Not only is it super tasty, but it’s so easy to make that you can’t mess it up even if you tried!
No Bake Cookies
Now maybe we’re stretching the definition of a fat bomb a little bit here, but this recipe is too good not to include. This is a remake of a recipe my mom made all the time for me while growing up. Give it a try for a carb conscious cookie recipe that tastes great right out of the freezer.
The Fat Bomb Bible
If you like a lot of the recipes from this post then you’re going to love The Fat Bomb Bible. It is our #1 selling ebook with 40 amazing keto fat bomb recipes. We’ve gotten thousands of positive reviews on this recipe book, most notable on our Raspberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe – which can only be found in the ebook.
Different Fat Options
This fat bombs recipe calls for coconut oil. We chose this for a few reasons:
- It’s more shelf stable– Butter really shouldn’t sit out of the fridge too long or it will spoil. We still recommend keeping these in the fridge, but it’s less important with coconut oil.
- It makes the recipe dairy free– Again this will depend on the protein you use. Some of the Quest protein powders are not 100% dairy free, but you can easily change to a dairy free protein if that’s your preference.
- It has minimal flavor– Refined coconut oil is heat treated which takes away a lot of the traditional coconut flavor. It can honestly give even less flavor than butter, making it a great boat for adding whatever flavors you prefer.
Now, while we did chose coconut oil for our low carb fat bomb recipe, there are other fat options you can use.
The main other option you have is butter. Butter is going to make a super creamy and fudge like fat bomb. Unlike coconut oil; butter doesn’t fully harden.
If you are dairy free coconut oil is your best option, if not give butter a try! Both are high fat, keto friendly, and low in net carbs.
Protein Powder Options
Similar to the fat you have other
If you don’t have Quest or don’t want to shell out extra dough per serving you can try a different
Some other options include:
- Isopure– One of the original low carb keto
protein powdercompanies. They have a few different flavors but we like the chocolate cocoa powder version and cookies and cream selection
- OATHWELL Keto Protein– A zero net carb protein with really good ingredients that are perfect on a keto diet. It also contains mct oil for extra fat.
- PEScience– This is another well known low carb keto protein brand that is low in net carbs and great for recipes.
Can I Change the Nuts?
This recipe is made with macadamia nuts, one of the lowest carb and highest fat nuts out there. Per serving (1 oz) there are 204 calories, 21 grams of fat, 1.5 net carbs , and 2.2 grams of protein.
All the fat makes them super buttery meaning they blend well with this easy keto fat bomb batter. If you want to use another nut we still recommend making the base with macadamia nuts and then topping them with another type.
Some great nut toppings for this recipe are coconut, pecans, and walnuts.
Sweetening Easy Keto Fat Bombs
Thanks to the
For added sweetness try:
- Monk Fruit– You can buy both powdered monk fruit and liquid monk fruit. For this recipe we would recommend the liquid sweetener so nothing sinks to the bottom, but you can also try the powdered variety.
- Stevia– Similar to monk fruit, they make liquid stevia that is highly concentrated to quickly sweeten up your batch until the fat bombs are perfect.
- Erythritol– This is probably the last sweetener resort just because it can tend to sink to the bottom of the fat bomb molds and cause clumping. Make sure to use the powdered variety as granular will ruin the fat bombs texture.
All of these are great keto fat bomb sweetener options to maintain steady blood sugar. They are low carb keto approved options so you don’t have to worry about sugar kicking you out of ketosis.
How to Make Keto Fat Bombs
Now that we’ve talked through the ingredient variations it’s time to start making these low carb fat bombs. Get out your silicone fat bomb mold and head to the kitchen.
To make these keto fat bombs you will need a low carb
Making This Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
To make these easy keto fat bombs add all your ingredients into a blender.
Blend on high until everything comes together and looks like a runny peanut butter.
Pour the keto fat bombs into the mini silicone mold making sure it is on a baking sheet for easy moving.
Freeze for at least two hours and then enjoy your easy to make keto fat bombs with minimal prep time.
How to Store Keto Fat Bombs
These keto fat bombs store well in the fridge for up to two weeks. They also store well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Topping Options for Keto Fat Bombs
Thanks to the carbs per fat bomb being so low this easy to make snack can be topped with a ton of delicious treats. Some of our favorites are things like coconut, chocolate, gluten free keto cookies, and cacao nibs.
You can also mix in cocoa butter for extra healthy fats and flavor. This is a must try for any chocolate lovers out there who want sugar free chocolate fat bombs that mimics white chocolate.
More Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
Whenever y0u want something sweet and delicious fat bombs are going to become your go to. They can be made a variety of different ways from chocolate and coconut, to cream cheese raspberry cheesecake. For more flavors try our:
- Sugar Free Mini Brownie Bite Fat Bombs– A chocolate lovers dream, rich and silky chocolate in bite sized pieces.
- Ice Cream Bites– These Snickers style fat bombs are sure to knock your socks off! They definitely taste like they shouldn’t be keto thanks to the delicious chocolate layer.
- Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs– Miss eating raw cookie dough? Our keto cookie dough tastes just like the real thing except it’s full of healthy fats without added sugar and carbs.
These are just a few of our favorite keto fat bombs, but don’t be afraid to try and sample even more tasty high fat treats from the desserts section on our site.
3 Ingredient Keto Fat Bombs Recipe
What You Need:
- Add the melted coconut oil, protein powder, and macadamia nuts to a blender.
- Blend on high until everything is as combined as possible.
- Pour into a silicone mold equally to make ten fat bombs. We poured about 80% of the way up for each fat bomb.
- Optional: sprinkle the fat bombs with a little sea salt to amp up the flavor!
- Put the fat bombs in the freezer and allow to set for at least 2 hours.
- These can be stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer up to 2 months.