Discover which Keto
- Replaces high carb flour in recipes like our Protein Cake, Protein Waffles, Macro Pancakes, and Keto Muffins.
- Works perfectly for coating prior to deep frying to achieve that crispy outside, similar to panko bread crumbs, but totally keto.
- Acts as a quick source of protein that requires little to no cooking, especially when you use it in any of our keto protein shakes.
Top Overall: Perfect Keto Whey
Best Tasting: Quest Protein Powder
Best Quality: Perfect Keto Whey
We consider fatty cuts of meat and pasture raised eggs to be the best sources of protein out there, but
|Product Name||Price Per lb||Value||Quality||Taste||Overall Rating|
|Perfect Keto Whey||$32||★★★||★★★★★||★★★★★||★★★★★|
|Quest Protein Powder||$15||★★★★★||★★★||★★★★★||★★★★★|
|IsoPure Whey Protein||$15||★★★★★||★★★★||★★★★||★★★★|
|PaleoPro Protein Powder||$37||★★||★★★★★||★★★||★★★|
|NutraBio 100% Whey||$20||★★★★||★★★★||★★★★||★★|
Protein Powder OK on Keto?
While consuming mostly whole food sources of protein like chicken, beef, eggs, and wild caught fish are the healthiest sources of protein, keto protein powder provides a convenient and healthy protein option for people on the go.
TIP: Remember to consume healthy fats alongside your keto
Protein Powder is Good for Keto Diet?
There are many different kinds of
- Whey Protein or Whey Protein Isolate Powder – Comes from milk. Whey isolate is lower in sugar (lactose). It is also the most popular and is suitable for vegetarians and keto dieters.
- Casein Protein Powder – A slow digesting milk protein.
- Egg Protein Powder – Made from egg whites. Is a good option for people who are dairy-free.
- Pea Protein Isolate – Made from the yellow split pea. This is a good option for vegans or dairy-free dieters.
- Hemp Protein Isolate – Made from whole hemp seed meal that has had the oil removed.
- Brown Rice Protein Isolate – Made from brown rice.
What is the Best Keto
1. Perfect Keto – 3g net carbs
Perfect Keto is our go-to for keto bars and tasty
2. Quest Whey Protein – 4g net carbs
We love Quest Nacho Chips, Protein Bars, and even their Low-Carb Pizzas, but their Cinnamon Crunch
3. Isopure Whey Protein – 0g net carbs
Not only is this whey
Protein Powder – 0g net carbs
5. NutraBio – 1g net carbs
The most effective whey protein on the market, according to the reviews, NutraBio is lactose-free, soy-free, and contains only 1g of carbs. Buy 1 lb. for $24.99.
Do Protein Shakes Kick you Out of Ketosis?
Many people on the keto diet worry too much protein will kick them out of ketosis due to something called gluconeogenesis, which is when the body converts excess protein into glucose. The whole point of the keto diet is to keep glucose levels low, so this sounds like something to be wary of, but you really don’t need to be.
Physiological studies show proteins contribute very little to glucose production, in both healthy people and those living with type 2 diabetes. For more information on protein and ketosis, watch our video, How Much Protein on Keto?
The most important aspect of achieving ketosis is keeping carbohydrates low.
Protein powders and shakes can be included for older people on a keto diet to ensure their protein needs are met.
Baking with Protein Powders
Can you Drink Protein Shakes without Working Out?
Yes, you can drink protein shakes however you please on a keto diet, as long as they fit into your macros. Whether you want to have a shake as a quick breakfast or as a post-workout snack, we have some delicious recipes for you to try. The idea recipe for a keto protein shake calls for keto
- Low-Sugar Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Coconut milk or cream for added fat
- Almond, cashew or flax milk for creaminess.
- Cocoa powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Greens (spinach, kale, celery)
- Liquid Stevia or Liquid Monk fruit for added sweetness
- MCT Oil or Coconut oil for additional fat
- Perfect Keto
Collagenpeptides for more flavor and thickness
How Much Protein Should You Eat on Keto?
A ketogenic diet requires a macronutrient breakdown of about 75% fat, 5% carbs, and 20% protein. Or between 0.6 and 1.0 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass.
As an example, if you weigh 250 pounds with 30% body fat that means you have 75 pounds of fat and 175 pounds of lean mass. That means your daily protein should be between 105 grams and 175 grams.
Supplement Protein with Fat
It’s easy to get caught up on the “low-carb” part of the diet and not give enough attention to the “high-fat” part. Fat is what makes you full, gives you energy (when in ketosis), and makes food taste delicious. For most people this figure should be north of 70 percent of daily calories. Keep carbs under 20g, hit your protein goal, and eat fat until you’re full.
At first, you may be overeating calories, but overtime, the keto diet will auto correct that. Your eating patterns and body’s natural hunger signals will auto-correct.
Protein Powder Keto Recipes You Need to Try
1. Protein Pancakes – 1g net carb
The easiest, tastiest keto pancakes you will ever make. These are high in protein and fat, making them perfect for a filling keto breakfast. Try them with Walden Farms sugar-free syrup or top with whipped cream and berries.
2. Keto Muffins – 1.5g net carbs
The perfect keto muffin with the perfect keto macros. Make these every week for quick snacks that will keep you on track with keto. Enjoy as a breakfast, snack, or dessert.
3. Keto Smoothie Bowl – 6.5g net carbs
Switch out your bacon and eggs for a refreshing smoothie bowl. Top with your favorite nuts, seeds, and berries! We love added shredded coconut for texture.
4. Low-Carb Bundt Cake – 1.25g net carbs
A sweet treat made from
5. Protein Cake – .75g net carbs
Got a sweet tooth? No cheat meal necessary when you have
6. Protein Waffles – 2g net carbs
Your kids will never guess these waffles are healthy. Crispy on the outside, sweet and delicious on the inside, but made flour-free.
7. Mug Cake – .5g net carbs
Mug Cakes are a nightly ritual in our household. They taste delicious, are filling, and are ready in a couple minutes. The perfect way to kill a craving.
8. Cookies & Cream Fat Bombs – 0.2g net carbs
Keep a batch of fat bombs on hand for when you need a sweet treat or want to get in some more fat. This Cookies & Cream recipe is one of our favorites!
Protein Powder – In Summary
How to use
protein powder on a keto diet.
- As a flour replacement.
- A coating for deep frying.
- As a quick meal replacement shake.
protein powder okay on keto?
- Yes, you can find
protein powderisolate which is usually less than 1g of net carbs per serving.
Different kinds of
- Whey Protein
- Casein Protein
- Egg Protein
- Pea Protein
- Hemp Protein
- Brown Rice Protein
The Top 5 Protein powders for keto
Do protein shakes kick you out of ketosis?
- No, but it’s important to consume fat with your protein shake to ensure you feel full and energized. Keeping carbs low is the most important component to achieving ketosis.
How much protein should you eat on a keto diet?
- Between 0.6 and 1.0 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass.
- Keto Pancakes
- Keto Muffins
- Smoothie Bowl
- Keto Bundt Cake
- Low-Carb Protein Cake
- Protein Waffles
- Mug Cakes
- Cookies and Cream Fat Bombs
More Keto Product Reviews
If you liked this full review, you are in luck because we have in depth reviews of the most popular keto products on the market today.
Best Keto Cereal Review
Ultimate Keto Meal Delivery Options
Greatest Keto Subscription Box
50 Best Keto Fast Food Options