If you love “B dubs” and want to know what’s keto at Buffalo Wild Wings, we’ve got you covered. We compiled a whole list of keto friendly foods AND drinks! So get your family and start the car, we’re going to B dubs!
If you want to eat keto at Buffalo Wild Wings there are quite a few options to stay low carb and still fit in your keto diet macros. Plus, the great thing about Buffalo Wild Wings keto food is that every Tuesday they have buy one order get one free on traditional wings!
Read about more keto fast food options here.
Buffalo Wild Wings is also special because all their wings are fried in beef tallow a high quality fat source coming from animals. Animal fat is worlds better than vegetable oil, because vegetable oils can be high in omega 6’s which cause inflammation. This is great to see at a fast food chain, and it means you won’t have to feel bad about ordering those extra wings!
If you’re looking for the best keto option at Buffalo Wild Wings look no further. Wings, just like in their name are a perfect keto food. They are 0g carbs and super high fat due to the chicken skin. With something that has such a low carb count there’s no reason to miss out.
Don’t confuse traditional wings with boneless wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Boneless wings sound great in theory, but they are not okay on a keto diet. Think of boneless wings as a fancy name for chicken nuggets. They are breaded and fried just like a normal chicken tender, and are not a gluten free chicken wing option. If you want a boneless chicken option try the naked tenders with your favorite seasoning (aprox. 1g carbs) or wing sauces.
There are two separate ways you can have the wings prepared at Buffalo Wild Wings. You can chose sauces which are a little higher in calories, or dry rub which is low in calories. Thankfully they have a ton of options that are low net carbs and high in protein.
At Buffalo Wild Wings eating keto is easy because you can get a full platter of wings. B dubs updated their sizes and changed from snack size and large to things like 10, 15, and 20 wings. If you were a snack size person you may want to try a 6 piece or 10 piece of wings. Just make sure you order traditional and not boneless because they are breaded. The nutrition below is for JUST the wings (traditional bone in), no sauces or rubs.
- 6 count- 0g carb/ 24g fat/ 53g protein/ 430 calories (0g net carbs)
- 10 count- 0g carb/ 41g fat/ 88g protein/ 720 calories (0g net carbs)
- 15 count- 0g carb/ 61g fat/ 132g protein/ 1,080 calories (0g net carbs)
- 20 count- 0g carb/ 82g fat/ 177g protein/ 1,440 calories (0g net carbs)
Most people love sauces on wings, and you’ll be happy to know the classic buffalo wings are 100% keto friendly. Some of the sauces are really high in carbs such as the bourbon honey mustard and asian zing. For reference the asian zing has 21 grams of carbs and 19 grams of sugar! I have listed the nutrition below for a 10 count which is two more than the old “snack size”.
Flavors (Nutrition for Saucing a 10 Count/ Just sauce-Not Including Wings)
- Mild- A take on your old school wings buffalo sauce with a little extra heat. Only 1g carb/ 4.5g fat/ 0g protein/ 50 calories (1g net carbs)
- Medium- 1g carbs/ 3g fat/ 0g protein/ 30 calories (1g net carbs)
- Hot- 2g carbs/ 4g fat/ 0g protein/ 45 calories (2g net carbs)
- Blazin’® Carolina Reaper- This is for the bravest of souls. Super duper spicy even when dipped in blue cheese 3g carbs/ 3g fat/ 0g protein/ 40 calories (2g net carbs)
- Spicy garlic- 2g carbs/ 4g fat/ 0g protein/ 45 calories (2g net carbs)
- Lemon pepper- 2g carbs/ 19g fat/ 0g protein/ 180 calories (2g net cabs)
- Nashville Hot w/ Pickles- 3g carbs/ 3g fat/ 0g protein/ 40 calories (3g net carbs)
- Original Buffalo- Here’s your traditional wings keto buffalo sauce! Super tasty and always a classic. 1g carbs/ 12g fat/ 0g protein/ 110 calories (1g net carbs)
- Parmesan Garlic- Parmesan garlic is a thick and creamy herb sauce with hints of salty parm and Italian seasoning. If you like flavor, parmesan garlic is the one for you! 3g carbs/ 13g fat/ 0g protein/ 130 calories (3g net carbs)
- Thai Curry- Thai curry is the highest carb sauce that I have listed. Still super flavorful and delicious though! 4g carbs/ 14g fat/ 1g protein/ 150 calories (3g net carbs)
- Wild- Feeling wild? Try this tasty keto wing sauce 3g carbs/ 4g fat/ 1g protein/ 50 calories (3g net carbs)
Sauces are a delicious addition to wings when looking for extra flavor in your keto options. However, it is also important to note that sauces from Buffalo Wild Wings contain soybean oil and corn syrup. If that is something you want to avoid, you may stick with plain wings or dry spice ones instead.
Dry Spice Rubs
The great thing about dry rubs is that they are only 1-3grams of carbs depending on the amount of wings you order. Every takeout restaurant has its flaws so there is a touch of maltodextrin in the spices. That may spike your blood sugar, it may not. It really depends on the person. All the spices have around the same amount of carbs so it’s not really worth listing the nutrition. If you track just allow 1-3 grams of carbs depending on if you eat 6 or 20 wings.
Dry Seasonings: Flavors
- Buffalo Seasoning
- Chipotle BBQ Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Desert Heat Seasoning
- Salt & Vinegar Seasoning
These are not to be confused with boneless wings. Naked tenders are just seasoned pieces of grilled chicken breast that make a great open canvas for whatever seasoning you want such as desert heat, buffalo seasoning, and more! They are low carb (0g carbs) per 3 tenders and perfect for dipping in something like blue cheese or the dry seasonings. If you have kids who like chicken tenders, try these for a healthier low carb option so they can try eating keto at Buffalo Wild Wings too!
I ordered naked wings with chipotle BBQ seasoning and they put it on the side. I’m not sure if this is because it was takeout or not but either way I actually liked the option to dip in the spices and control how much I use.
These are a leaner wing option at Buffalo Wild Wings, great for those who want more protein and less fat so they can save the calories for dipping sauces. Per three tenders it’s: 0g carb/ 1g fat/ 37g protein/ 160 calories (0g net carbs).
Other Buffalo Wild Wings Keto Options
Maybe you’re that one person who doesn’t like wings, or maybe it’s the second day your husband has made you go in a row to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch football. Either way you’re looking for a change, and we’ve got options! All these options are low carb and keto, perfect to fill you up without eating only the traditional wings.
Hi Hamburger, nice to MEAT you…
Everyone loves a good burger. Whether you like your hamburger patty filled to the brim with low carb toppings, or just a simple slice of cheese, beef is 100% keto friendly.
Per patty it’s only 0g carbs/ 21g fat/ 23g protein/ 290 calories (0g net carbs). With a fat to protein ratio that good it’s easy to eat keto at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Ordering a Burger
- I’d like the _____ burger please
- No bun
- Could you put all sauces on the side?
- Can I have that with a side salad instead of fries please (dressing on the side)
- Thank you!
A few simple steps and you’re on your way to the perfect bun-less keto friendly burger!
Building a Burger
If you like a plain cheeseburger or want to spice up a basic burger, here are some toppings you can toss in to your keto diet rotation. (All nutrition is for topping a burger or sandwich)
- American Cheese – 1g carb/ 6g fat/ 3g protein/ 70 calories (1g net carbs)
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles – 1g carb/ 4g fat/ 5g protein/ 50 calories (1g net carbs)
- Cheddar Cheese – 1g carb/ 7g fat/ 5g protein/ 90 calories (1g net carbs)
- Pepper Jack Cheese – 0g carb/ 6g fat/ 5g protein/ 80 calories
- Hatch Queso – 2g carb/ 3.5g fat/ 3g protein/ 50 calories (2g net carbs)
- Swiss Cheese – 0g carb/ 7g fat/ 6g protein/ 80 calories (0g net carbs)
- Yellow Mustard – 0g carb/ 0g fat/ 0g protein/ 0 calories (0g net carbs)
Sandwiches and Burgers from the Menu
Maybe you don’t want to take the time to build your own and would rather just have a burger from the menu. If you want some good keto options for sandwiches and burgers at Buffalo Wild Wings, look no further.
Sandwiches pretty much follow the same rules as burgers. Look for sauces on the side and skip the bun which is not low carb/ keto friendly. Here are some of the best keto burger and sandwich options at Buffalo Wild Wings:
- Grilled Chicken Club- no bun- aioli on side
- Avocado bacon burger- no bun- aioli on side
- Smoked Brisket Burger- no bun- NO HONEY BBQ/ NO SMOKEY ADOBO SAUCES
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich- no bun- Grilled chicken patty (swap this for the breaded)- ranch on side
Feel free to swap chicken for burgers and vice versa at Buffalo Wild Wings. The nutrition for each is:
- Burger Patty – 0g carbs/ 21g fat/ 23g protein/ 290 calories (0g net carbs)
- Grilled Chicken Breast – 1g carb/ 1g fat/ 21g protein/ 90 calories (1g net carbs)
Don’t want a burger or traditional wings from Buffalo Wild Wings? We have a couple extra salad options for those looking to stay keto at Buffalo Wild Wings. When ordering a salad make sure to tell the server no bread, no croutons, and all salad dressings on the side. This allows you to remove the carbs and limit the calories in dressings to something you can control.
Similar to burgers you can change up between chicken or beef. The nutrition is the same as above. When at Buffalo Wild Wings, feel free to ask the waiter for a burger patty instead if you want more fat on one of the salads. Don’t be afraid to ask, they are very friendly and accommodating.
There are really only two good choices for low carb and keto salads at Buffalo Wild Wings that will give you keto macros.
- Chopped Cobb Salad with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing- 14g carbs/ 69g fat/ 48g protein/ 860 calories (9g net carbs)
- Buffalo Wedge Salad with Hand-Breaded Chicken + Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing – 25g carbs/ 66g fat/ 28g protein/ 800 calories (19g net carbs) + (To make low carb sub the breaded chicken tenders for grilled chicken and the salad will be around 8g Net carbs)
Vegetables do have more carbs than eating just meat would, however if you want more volume a salad may be the way to go. Plus it has extra fiber which is good for digestion and blood sugar management (1).
Keto Salad Dressings
While saving some calories on fat free ranch sounds like a good idea, it may be worth skipping to stay in ketosis. Just one serving of FF ranch has 12 grams of carbs and 5g of sugar which is definitely NOT keto. These dressings have a low carb count and are okay on keto:
- Bleu Cheese Dressing – 2g carb/ 29g fat/ 2g protein/ 280 calories (2g net carb)
- Ranch Dressing – 2g carb/ 34g fat/ 2g protein/ 320 calories (2g net carb)
- Southwestern Ranch Dressing – 2g carb/ 37g fat/ 1g protein/ 340 calories (2g net carb)
- Buffalo Bleu Cheese Dressing – 3g carb/ 27g fat/ 2g protein/ 260 calories (3g net carb)
- Cilantro Lime Ranch – 3g carb/ 35g fat/ 1g protein/ 330 calories (3g net carb)
Keto Buffalo Wild Wings Sides & Drinks
So you want the perfect pairing for your meal? Unfortunately those fries won’t be keto even if you eat them with southwestern ranch dressing!
Pairings and Sides:
Buffalo Wild Wings keto side options are pretty limited. You can get a side salad and add an egg, but other than that there isn’t much else. For 6 Net carbs you can get carrot sticks and celery. However they normally come with fat free ranch, so you will want to sub that for regular ranch in order to eat keto at Buffalo Wild Wings. Per serving of FF ranch it’s a whopping 12g of carbs.
- Carrot Sticks and Celery (NO RANCH)- 8g carbs/ 0g fat/ 1g protein/ 35 calories (6g net carbs)
- Plain Side Salad (comes with parmesan and tomatoes)
There are a few drink options for you at Buffalo Wild Wings that are keto. If you want drinks that are healthier try Buffalo Wild Wings iced tea with a slice of lemon. The also have Diet Pepsi, both of which have low carbs (0g- 1g). You can still get traditional wings and soda at Buffalo Wild Wings on a keto diet. However, if you want a more adult friendly beverage we did some research and found the best options for you.
Adult Friendly Keto Drinks:
Buffalo Wild Wings is known for their bar food (traditional wings) and their drinks. Beer may not be keto friendly, but you can still find some drinks that fit your macros:
- Bloody Mary- 9g carbs (3 fiber)/ 1.5g fat/ 2g protein/ 150 calories (6g net carb)
- 6 oz chardonnay- 4g carbs/ 0g fat/ 0g protein/ 150 calories (4g net carb)
- Prosecco – 2g carbs/ 0g fat/ 0g protein/ 160 calories (2g net carb)
It may be dirty keto to have alcohol, but you can still stay in ketosis and enjoy yourself with friends next time you’re out at Buffalo Wild Wings.
What to AVOID
And finally i’m sure you’re wondering what some of the things are that you should never get at Buffalo Wild Wings. While they may seem tempting and keto friendly, onion rings, cheese curds, and coleslaw are NOT keto due to the breading and sugar they have. While the idea of skipping onion rings may make you cry, at least take comfort in the fact you can now have bottomless wings, and feel good about it 😉
Looking for More Restaurant Guides?
If you want more low carb options for on the go, look at some of our other keto restaurant menus: