This is a quick and easy baked keto chicken tenders recipe that you can use as your go to low carb breading. The breading sticks to the chicken and forms a solid outer shell, perfect for dipping of covering in buffalo sauce. If you’ve been looking for the perfect healthy chicken tender recipe for your keto diet look no further!
Perfectly Baked Keto Chicken Tenders
We’ve really got this almond flour breading recipe down now. If you want a video tutorial on how to properly execute the breading recipe we have a video of Megha making popcorn chicken. The same techniques and principles apply to these low carb chicken tenders. We’re using the same egg wash and breading mixture. As always, play around with different seasoning combinations to make these tenders align with your tastes. Let’s get down to making the keto chicken tenders!
Fried Chicken vs. Baked Chicken
We’ve tried this low carb breading every which way and we usually opt for baking. We do this for a couple reasons. Cleanup is way easier and it’s easier to track nutrition on baked keto chicken tenders. If you go for the fried chicken it can be a bit of a guessing game on the calorie count. Also, this breading bakes up to be the perfect consistency of a diner chicken tender. No need to add on a bunch of extra calories by frying them. If you’re that eager to stack on some extra calories, load these keto chicken tenders up with blue cheese dressing!
We’ve played around with a buffalo sauce recipe a few different times. We actually made a really good one that we tossed chicken wings in when we catered a birthday party a few months back. If you are truly about that homemade sauce life, I would definitely encourage you to work out a buffalo sauce recipe of your own. For these keto chicken tenders we’re going with a store bought sauce! We’ve tried a few different brands and varieties of store bought buffalo sauces and they are all good. Better yet, just about all of them are low carb and no added sugar. Check the nutrition label to be certain, but every sauce at our local grocery store is 0 added sugar. We do have a phenomenal homemade asian wing sauce recipe that would also go great on these keto chicken tenders, but when you’re in the mood for chicken doused in buffalo sauce nothing else will compare!
Sauce to Order
If you’re not saucing your tenders to order your simply not eating these keto chicken tenders at their fullest of potential. We worked so hard to devise this crispy breading recipe, don’t go wasting the crispiness by saucing the tenders an hour ahead of time. I find the best way to get a complete and total sauce coating is to place a few tenders in a Tupperware container. Pour in a few spoonfuls of sauce. Put the lid on and shake until completely covered.
Not into Buffalo Sauce?
Well we’ve got you covered there too. We’ve created a truly sensational low carb barbecue sauce. I don’t throw this term around lightly, but this is one of my favorite recipes we’ve published to date. It’s better than the sugared up stuff you ate growing up!
Buffalo Keto Chicken TendersPrint
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 oz Buffalo Sauce(pre-made)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Season the almond flour generously with salt and pepper.
- Beat 1 egg together with 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Dip each tender first in the egg wash and then into the seasoned almond flour. We like to place the tenders in a Tupperware container with the almond flour and shake to coat. A Ziploc bag also works well.
- Place tenders on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. If they are not as crispy as you would like you can additionally broil them for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow tenders to cool for 5 minutes and then place them in a tupperware container, add the buffalo sauce and shake to coat. Gently shaking is best to prevent the batter from falling off.
Net Carbs: 3g