Breakfast sandwiches are Matt’s all time favorite food. When we first started dating we would make them every weekend. We would shop for some fresh ingredients on Saturday morning, including some freshly baked sourdough bread and make the ultimate breakfast sandwiches! Going keto has not stopped that tradition for us. We have created a simple, yet perfect Keto Breakfast Sandwich for you to indulge in this weekend.
Low Carb Bread Options
Matt loves to start his keto breakfast sandwich off with an easy mug bread. Less hassle and clean up. However, my preferred route would be baking a fresh loaf of keto bread, slicing it up and toasting some to get the sandwich ball rolling. If you like to do things like me, we’ve got some great low carb breads for you to try:
The best part about baking a loaf is you can pre-slice it and store it in the fridge up to one week or in the freezer up to one month making keto breakfast sandwiches an every meal possibility!
Keep It Simple
Matt is a simple guy. Nothing wring with that, just his style. From clothing to sandwiches he’s minimal in how he presents it. If you want to keep it simple or you could also say classic all you really need to complete this delicious keto sandwich is a couple layers of bacon, egg and cheese. You can even drizzle on some low carb maple syrup and have yourself a homemade McDonalds McGriddle minus the carbs and processed ingredients!
Get A Little Wild
So this section is dedicated to my “over the top” sandwich lovers, and who better than to write this than me. As a lover of extra toppings and fillings I must say going simple just doesn’t make sense to me.
So you’ve got the basics: bacon, egg and cheese, but what if you could increase flavor, texture and the degree to how satisfying this sandwich could be, wouldn’t you do it? YES. If you want to get just a little wild you could opt for some sliced avocado, tomato and onion. That’s just a little wild, but I like to go crazy so I would definitely spread some mayo on my toasted bread and use a couple different kind of cheese. Now, that is a masterpiece.
Keto Breakfast Sandwich Sunday Club!
Join the club! We make Keto Breakfast Sandwich recipes every Sunday because there is no better way to start the day off. You can have all the ingredients prepped before the rest of the family wakes up and surprise them with a mini breakfast sandwich bar. It’s a great way to make healthy food and cooking a fun part of the day.
Let us know what your favorite toppings are for this Keto Breakfast Sandwich recipe by tagging us on Instagram with you family, and of course, the sandwiches!
Looking For More Breakfast Options?
Some of our favorite low carb breakfast options are:
- Diner Style Pancakes
- Egg Loaf (great for meal prep!)
- Keto Coffee Carrot Cake (for the sweet breakfast lovers out there)
Check out the rest of our recipes on our food blog and don’t miss out on a new recipe every week!
Keto Breakfast Sandiwch
What You Need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Place butter in a large mug and melt in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together using a fork. Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool and then remove to a cutting board. Slice in half and set aside as you cook the remaining ingredients.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Turn the heat down to medium and crack two eggs into the skillet. Cook until desired done-ness (we recommend over medium).
- Assemble sandwich: Place one slice of cheese on one half of bread, top with two slices of bacon, one egg, the remaining bacon and egg and finally the second slice of cheese.
- Serve immediately.