I've never met a person who doesn't have a special love for blueberry muffins, which is why we created these Low Carb Muffins using fresh blueberries! Matt will rep Otis Spunkmeyer till the day he dies, while I'm more of a Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin lover myself. But, we all know that no matter where it comes from blueberry muffins are always delicious!
Our preferred way to make these would be in bulk on a Sunday morning. Not only will you have a mid-day Sunday snack or post dinner dessert ready to dig into, but you'll have a grab and go breakfast or snack for the entire week!
You can take two of these to work with a couple tablespoons of butter and have a snack desk that everyone will be jealous of. You can even change up the flavors and have assorted muffins for the entire family. My favorites would be:
- Cinnamon Swirl (warmed up with some butter)
- Pecan Pie (using browned butter and chopped up pecans)
- Lemon Poppy Seed (using lemon juice and zest along with poppy seeds) or you can make the ones we have on our food blog already!
Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe!
Sometimes you're just hankering for a blueberry muffin, but don't have the patience or time to whip up a batch of these delicious low carb muffins. In that instance, we've got you covered with our low carb blueberry mug cake recipe! It takes less than two minutes to make and will absolutely satisfy your muffin cravings! In case you didn't know Matthew and I are mug cake aficionados. We make mug cakes everyday and we've even included six never before seen mug cake recipes in The Fat Bomb Bible!
Low Carb Muffins With Fresh Bluberries
If anyone in your family is a muffin lover or you're looking for a great grab and go snack or meal then you should make these muffins for meal prep! They will last in the fridge up to one week and heat up nicely. Just top with some butter for an extra filling treat and feel good about eating whole ingredients. These low carb muffins will remind you of your favorite muffins you used to eat pre-keto so do yourself a favor and make them!
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal - Search "KetoConnect - Low Carb Blueberry Muffins"
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
- Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups (and grease those if not suing parchment paper cups) and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries and combine using a hand mixer or a whisk until uniform in consistency (as seen in video).
- Gently fold in your fresh blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter throughout 8 muffins and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to handling.
- Best stored in a zip top bag or air tight container in the fridge up to 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a quick grab and go breakfast!
Serving Size: 1 Blueberry Muffin