My love for soup knows no boundaries, so, from hearty chilis to simple soups, like this Keto Egg Drop Soup, I'm a fan! This recipe in particular takes less than 10 minutes to make, is filling and has rich flavors of ginger, soy and sesame oil. You're guaranteed to have all the ingredients in this recipe on hand at any given moment and it's great for a quick meal, when you're sick or when you're craving something Asian!
The Easiest Homemade Egg Drop Soup!
When I hear the word easy I think in terms of amount of ingredients, steps and how long it will take me in total to make before I can devour. And, this recipe is definitely high up on the easy scale! It's seven total ingredients, two of which are optional, the only steps required are whisking together, bringing to a boil, adding in the eggs and eating, and finally it takes 10 minutes or less to make. Now, if that's not easy on your scale I'm not sure what is! Plus, when it's homemade you just feel so much better about putting it into your body knowing exactly what went into it.
My Favorite Low Carb Soups
I have always been a soup person and nothing has changed that since starting keto. I'm also someone who likes anything even remotely soup like, such as chilis and stews. They are all perfect meals not only for the easy one pot and clean up aspects, but because they are always filling and satisfying, plus all the fun toppings! I always go with sour cream and chives for my toppings. My favorite soup and soup-like recipes we have on our blog are our broccoli and cheese soup, keto chili with bacon, and of course, our low carb beef stew!
Quick and Easy, Keto Egg Drop Soup
If you only have ten minutes to spare for dinner or you're looking for something filling wihtout having to devote all night to making it, this recipe is for you! The best part is you can add whatever seasonings you want or have on hand to it and even up the amount of eggs to broth making it a higher calorie, more filling meal! This keto egg drop soup would even be a great appetizer on a Chinese take-out inspired night and you can follow it up with our low carb cashew chicken!
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal - Search "KetoConnect - Keto Egg Drop Soup"
Keto Egg Drop SoupPrint
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and garlic and bring to a boil. Whisk to combine and dissolve the powders.
- While the broth is coming to a bowl crack two eggs into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the broth is boiling, remove from heat and using a fork begin a circular motion in the broth. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the hot broth as you continue to stir with the fork. The egg should cook immediately in long string shape.
- Serve immediately and garnish with 1 tsp sesame oil and green onions, if desired.
- This does not store well so best if all is used the day of making.
Net Carbs: 1.5g