We are asked time and time again for more nut free options, especially for cakes and desserts. We’ve created the ultimate nut free, potentially dairy free keto coconut cake. The true inspiration for this keto dessert recipe is our son, Theo. We wanted his birthday cake to be absolutely delicious, but nut free since we are holding off on introducing nuts until he is around 18 months.
Keto Birthday Cakes
Just because your kids aren’t keto or low carb doesn’t mean you can’t bake them a keto cake that is just as delicious as one filled with flours and sugar! Although we started this blog well before we had our son, a lot of our purpose was and is to feed and grow a health family.
Our desserts are meant to satisfy all your non-keto friends and family as well as your little ones! Some great cakes try out are:
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Vanilla Keto Cupcakes (turn this into a normal cake!)
- Pumpkin Mug Cake (perfect fall time treat or as a smash cake)
- Olive Oil Cake (Megha’s tip: swap in butter for the olive oil)
Can You Have Coconut On Keto?
The answer to this is a big YES! Coconut comes in a variety of preparations and we love using them all. Coconut flour makes great nut free desserts. Canned coconut milk makes great curries, and shredded coconut is great for adding to granola or eating as a snack on its own.
Do You Need To Refrigerate Coconut Cake?
You need to refrigerate all keto desserts and this keto coconut cake is no different. Unlike traditional baked goods, made with grains and flours, low carb ingredients do best and stay fresher when refrigerated.
On the counter overnight won’t do any harm, but to extend shelf life and prevent any mold from growing keto desserts are best stored in air tight containers in the fridge!
Nut Free And Dairy Free
So, it’s easy to see this keto coconut cake is completely nut free, but how is it dairy free when you call for butter. Well, a perfect substitute for the butter is coconut oil. It will enhance the coconut flavor of the cake and come out just as moist and delicious.
The whipped topping is made using canned coconut cream, and this might be hard to believe, but it is a lot tastier and richer than whipped cream. Go the mile and make this keto cake nut and dairy free.
Easy Keto Coconut Cake
Cakes are by far one of the easiest keto desserts to make. Aside from lining or greasing a baking pan all you have to do is mix everything together, pour into the pan and bake. Whereas, cookies, cheesecakes and layered pies need a lot more attention to detail. If you make this keto coconut cake please tag us on Instagram so we can reshare it!
Keto Coconut Cake
What You Need:
- 9 inch baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square cake pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the cooled butter, eggs, erythritol, stevia, vanilla, and coconut milk. Whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk well until well- combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean, the cake is deeply golden at the edges, and the center springs back lightly when touched.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool in the pan completely.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- While the cake cools, prepare the frosting.
- When ready to whip, scrape chilled coconut cream into a medium bowl and discard the water. Use a hand mixer to beat for 30 seconds until creamy, then add vanilla and stevia and whip 1 minute until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Spread in an even layer on top of cooled cake immediately. Keep leftover cream covered in refrigerator.
- Slice into 9 and serve. Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to one week.
Serving Size: 9 slices