Granola has always been one of those “health foods” that we never questioned. However, it is far from a healthy choice. Traditional granola is packed with sugar and grains, and is extremely calorie-dense. We’ve created the best Keto Granola to replace all the high carb versions and satisfy your cravings. Add it to your low-carb yogurt, pour some almond milk over it for cereal or snack on it while you work.
Follow and share this short video below so you and your friends can all enjoy Crunchy Keto Granola.
Can I Eat Granola on a Keto Diet?
The granola you find at the supermarket is very high in carbs, as with most cereal brands. On a keto diet, you want to keep your daily carb intake around 20-50 grams and most of these brands will not fit your keto macros.
What Cereals are Good for Keto Diet?
Our Crunchy Keto Granola is only 2g net carb per serving and tastes AMAZING, but if you’re looking to buy keto cereal, there are a few new options on the market.
- Magic Spoon – 3g net carbs
- The Cereal School – 1g net carb
- Coconut Crunch – 10g net carbs
- Low Karb Granola – 2g net carbs
What Cereal has No Carbs?
This Keto Granola recipe is only 2g net carbs per serving and is made with simple, healthy ingredients like pecans, cinnamon, and coconut. But if you’re looking for keto cereal that has no carbs, try Highkey Cereal on Amazon or our Cinnamon Toast Keto Crunch recipe.
Easy Keto Cereal Recipe
Why buy a processed keto cereal online when you can make your own, better ingredient, version at home? Feeling good about the ingredients and knowing exactly what you’re feeding your family and friends is a big part of making healthier choices. It’s also a lot more budget friendly than all the ‘keto cereals’ you see popping up online.
The Best Nuts For Keto
When first starting the keto diet, it’s hard to know what nuts are a good option. They’re all high in fat so it seems reasonable to assume they are all a great option for snacking, but knowing how they range in net carbs will better equip you when choosing which nuts to snack on or use in your homemade Keto Granola.
Tip: Feel free to swap out the nuts and seeds we’ve chosen to your preferred taste and carb count. You can also swap out the cinnamon for some pumpkin pie spice for the perfect fall time snack!
Balance Out The Carbs With Fat
You may be thinking that nuts are already high in fat, so what is there to balance out? Well, nuts are actually high in omega-6 fats otherwise known as inflammatory fats. And, when consuming high amounts of omega 6’s you definitely want to balance them out with your anti-inflammatory fats, Omega 3’s. This can easily be done throughout the day by consuming salmon, sardines or pasture-raised eggs and beef.
In this Keto Granola recipe, we balance out the carbs found in the nuts and seeds we use with nutritious…butter! It not only makes this a higher fat to carb ratio snack, but also aids in taste and texture of the final result.
Tip: Another great fat source to balance out the omega 6’s for this Keto Granola is coconut oil!
Bake, Don’t Burn!
The trick to baking this keto granola just right is removing it from the oven every 15 minutes and stirring it around with a spoon or spatula before flattening it out again. This will not only prevent the nuts and butter from burning, but will ensure that once cooled it is all evenly toasted and crunchy.
The Best Keto Granola
Homemade is always best. Why is that, you ask? Homemade means I can alter ingredients and portions to tailor my favorite tastes and caloric needs. This Keto Granola is no different. We’ve given you the base to create the perfect granola every time. Now, all you have to do is make it and share with your friends and family!
Note: I highly recommend you portion it out into zip top bags for quick grab-and-go snacking and easier portion control.
How To Eat Your New Favorite Keto Snack?
If you make this Keto Granola recipe you’re going to want to make it in bulk! It won’t last long in a house full of kids. It’s best to store in the fridge for freshness and is obviously a great snack for snacking on alone. However, if you aren’t sure how else to use we’ve got you covered. You can:
- Top some homemade Low Carb Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Fold it into our delicious Low Carb Chocolate Mousse, or
- Mix into your meal prepped Overnight Oats!
One of our favorite ways to eat this Keto Granola is by pouring some unsweetened macadamia nut milk over it for an after-dinner snack! Give it a try. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Keto Granola”
Net Carbs: 2g Servings Size: 1/10th recipe **For a quick grab and go snack portion out granola into zip top bags and store in the fridge for freshness!
What You Need:
- Baking Sheet
- Pre-heat your oven to 275F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the pecans, almond and coconut flakes to a food processor and pulse 3-5 times until everything is roughly chopped and combined (Feel free to roughly chop using a knife if you prefer).
- Heat a bottom heavy saucepan over low heat and add the butter. Allow to melt down, stirring continuously using a wooden spoon, for 5-10 minutes until browned in color and caramel in smell.
- Allow the butter to cool for 5-7 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour your nut mixture into a large mixing bowl and top with your browned butter mixture. Combine thoroughly until everything is coated.
- Pour the mixture out onto your baking sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake for a total of 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes with your wooden spoon and then re-flattening out onto the baking sheet.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking apart enjoying. Best stored in the fridge for freshness!