Some recipes are quick to whip up and home runs every time, and this Chicken Florentine recipe checks both of those boxes. It elevates boring chicken breast and bland spinach into a dinner the entire family will love. Check out the recipe video to see how it’s made step by step.
Quick Keto Dinners
When you’ve had a busy day and all you want to do is whip up a quick keto dinner the first thing that should come to mind is a cream sauce. Our favorite high fat sauces for quick meals are usually made from heavy cream or canned coconut milk. You can then add any meat, veggies and spices and you’ll have an easy keto dinner made in under 30 minutes!
Make An Easy Base
An easy base is anything that is quick to whip up and something you can add toppings and/or filling to. Some examples are:
- A base of sautéed veggies,
- A chicken crust pizza, or
- A mixture of heavy cream, minced garlic and butter heated through in a large skillet (our personal favorite)
For this recipe we go the route of a creamy base, in which the chicken can cook through without drying out. It’s also easy to add in any vegetables you want for extra texture and nutrition and we go the route of spinach not only because it cooks down really quickly, but because it adds a subtle flavor of fresh greens!
Use Minimal Ingredients
Due to the base being so indulgent and creamy you can keep the ingredients minimal. We not only kept it minimal, but also very traditional for this easy florentine recipe with chicken and spinach! Keeping the add-ins minimal, anywhere from two to three, as we have done here allows you to enjoy the flavors that each ingredient brings to the dish.
Tender chicken, fresh spinach and the combination of heavy cream, fresh minced garlic and a splash of white wine complement each other perfectly. Something we opted not to use, but can easily be added is xanthan gum to create a thicker base. The only thing I caution with this ingredient is going overboard. A little bit goes a long way!
Double The Batch For Leftovers
If you’re cooking something as delicious as a low carb chicken florentine then you might as well double the batch for leftovers tomorrow. Since the ingredients, cook time and clean up are all minimal doubling up the recipe will provide the perfect meal prep for the rest of the week. It also reheats well, keeping the chicken tender and flavors strong!
Looking For More Easy Dinners?
Easy is our specialty. We all have busy lives and most weeknights we are looking for something quick to whip up with whole ingredients so we don’t have to resort to take out. Some of our favorites meals to whip up are:
- Keto Chicken Thighs in a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Keto Chicken Saag paired with our Low Carb Naan, and
- Low Carb Grits with Blackened Shrimp
Give them all a try this week. You never know which easy keto dinner will become your families new favorite go to for busy weeknights!
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Chicken Florentine”
Creamy Spinach Chicken Florentine
What You Need:
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Add the breasts to the hot skillet and saute on both sides until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Chicken should be light golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the garlic, butter, and red onion to the pan. Cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet (feel free to substitute with broth). Let it simmer and reduce 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add heavy cream. Stir using a wooden spoon. If desired, add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to the skillet and simmer for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Flip the chicken in the sauce to coat. Serve immediately.
- Best stored in a air tight container in the fridge up to 5 days.