One of my favorite party appetizers is our buffalo chicken dip, but when veggies and flackers aren’t cutting it as dippers, these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the perfect swap! We saute up some veggies and turn to some classic Franks Red Hot sauce to create these delicious, tender buffalo meatballs.
Want More Buffalo Recipes?
Believe it or not we are big fans of buffalo sauce in this house, and honestly, you can add it to any meal and it’ll taste great. Some of our other favorites recipes that showcase buffalo flavoiring are:
You can even take an already easy appetizer, like our air fryer jalapeno poppers, and add some buffalo sauce to the chicken mixture for a delicious twist!
Maximum Flavor And Texture
To elevate these chicken meatballs we started with a base of fresh, sauteed veggies. They add crunch and taxture to a traditionally soft and single textured food. Combining veggies with just the right amount of bite and buffalo sauce made for the perfect pairing in these buffalo chicken meatballs.
Feel free to leave out the veggies or up the amount of Franks Red Hot if you prefer a little more spice to your ball!
When talking about meatballs we always get the sam question – “what do you use to bind your meatballs?” Honestly, when using ground beef/pork you don’t need a binding agent because the fat does the job. However, when using lean meats like chicken and turkey, binding is essential. Some great options when making any meatballs, are:
For this recipe we used a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. We found that using both gave the meatballs a heartier, moister finish!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
As soon as started to make these meatballs I knew they would be one of my favorite, go-to meal prep recipes. While we love making our fair share of breakfast casseroles and just prepping a bug hunk or meat, sometimes I need something fun for a work day food break. These buffalo chicken meatballs give me something to look forward to when I’m swamped with work, and will be do the same for you!
Want More Meal Prep Recipes?
We have an entire section dedicated to meal prep recipes on our food blog so you Sundays don’t have to be complicated. Pick out your two or three favorite recipes and prep for the week ahead! We think you should start with:
Let us know what you think! Happy meal prepping.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add the coconut oil, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent and a little brown. Remove from the skillet and let cool slightly.
- Next in a bowl, combine and mix together the chicken, egg, Buffalo sauce, sauteed veggies, flours and salt using a spatula or your hands. Allow to rest for 5 minutes for the flours to fully absorb.
- Form into 16 golf ball-sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until lightly golden.
- If desired, drizzle with more Buffalo sauce, garnish with scallions and serve with dressing of choice.
- Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to 7 days. Reheat in microwave.
Nutrition Serving Size: 1 meatball