One skillet meals are some of my favorite to make, especially this Keto Chicken Casserole! Not only are they are to toss together and clean up afterwards, but they always turn out super good no matter what you put in them! This one is loaded with cheese, veggies and chicken and makes the perfect weeknight dinner.
Easy One Skillet Meals
One days you come home exhausted from work, but still have a house full of hungry people whipping up a one skillet meal is the always the right move. No one will ever know you just tossed whatever you had in the fridge right into skillet and heated it for dinner. Some of my favorites are:
Make It Meal Prep
This keto chicken casserole isn’t only great for busy weeknights. It’s one of my favorite recipes to meal prep because it’s super filling, reheats great and motivates me to get through the first half of my work day haha.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
You can whip it up on Sunday alongside your usual hard boiled eggs and fat bombs and then portion it out into containers so all you had to do is grab and go in the morning and then reheat for a lunch that will make all your co-workers jealous!
Toss In The Fridge
I’m not even joking when I say toss in the fridge. This recipe was inspired by leftovers. We had cooked cooked chicken from the previous nights dinner along with some mushrooms and big bag of spinach that neither of us was planning on eating. Instead of letting any of it go to waste I tossed it all into a skillet with whatever cheeses I had and this gorgeous keto chicken casserole came to life. You can do the same!
Keto Chicken Casserole
It’s creamy. It’s hearty. And, it’s easy to make and clean up. Those are the three criteria I think we can all agree on matter when it comes to dinner. This keto chicken casserole has checked all the boxes and will impress anyone you make it for. Let us know how you put your spin on it!
Keto Chicken Casserole
What You Need:
- 12 inch cast iron skillet or 9×13 casserole dish
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 15 oz cooked chicken (we used rotisserie)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a casserole dish if using one with coconut oil spray.
- Preheat a large (cast iron) skillet to medium high heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted down.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the cream, cream cheese, mayo, mustard, garlic and cheddar cheese and combine using a spoon until fully incorporated.
- Add in the cooked and chopped bacon, seasonings and the chicken. Stir to combine.
- At this point either transfer the entire skillet contents to a casserole dish if you are not using an over safe cast iron skillet.
- Top the casserole with mozzarella cheese and bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
- Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1 piece
Yields: 8 pieces