Instant pot recipes are some of our favorites because it requires minimal work and clean up! It’s a one pot recipe and great for making meals in bulk for meal prep all week long. This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken serves great over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice or all on its own. Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make!
More Instant Pot Recipes
We’ve been using our instant pot a lot lately. Having a 1 year old in the house makes our days busier so quick, hands off meals are our go to. We use it to make soups, chili, big cuts of meat and this instant pot creamy chicken.
Some of our other instant pot favorites are:
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Bone Broth (we use this as a base for all our soups!)
- Keto Mac And Cheese (stove top and instant pot recipe included)
The instant pot won’t steer your wrong. You can even make easy to peel hard boiled eggs and yogurt in it! If you don’t have one, now is the time to grab yourself one.
Using Your Instant Pot
So many buttons. So many functions. I know using your instant pot can seem daunting, but once you use it once you’ll be hooked. It makes dinner time a breeze and you can use up all the ingredients that are about to go bad so there is never any waste!
The main functions we use are manual (high) pressure, saute and the crock pot option (we bought a separate lid for this). Don’t be scared. We promise it will be worth it!
Fill It And Forget it!
The beautiful thing about the instant pot is you can literally just toss in all the ingredients and forget about it. It will never steer your wrong. The environment that is created inside the pot when the pressure builds allows all the ingredients to marinade and meld so that you are left with tasty meat and veggies every single time!
Natural Release Vs. Instant Release
I didn’t learn the difference until I had been using my instant pot for a while. My impatience for food always led me to turn the valve to venting as soon as the timer was up, but this was a mistake.
Allowing the pressure inside the instant pot to release naturally on it’s own for at least 10 minutes will ensure that whatever meat is cooking up will remain tender. Manually releasing the valve can lead to a tough meat, and nobody wants that!
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken
If you’re looking for a dairy free version of this instant pot cream chicken you can swap out the butter, cream cheese and heavy cream and swap in coconut oil and canned coconut milk. It will be just as tasty and fatty. If you decide to make this recipe please let us know below how you like to serve yours up!
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken
What You Need:
- Press Saute on Instant Pot and melt butter. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place in pot and sear for 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Press, Cancel, then add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Lock lid in place and make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on Manual High for 5 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then release remaining pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Press Cancel, then Saute. Remove lid and transfer chicken to a cutting board.
- Stir the creamy base and then taste, and season as desired. Add the chicken back to the pot and allow it to warm in the sauce. Serve chicken and cream sauce over zoodles, cauliflower rice or on its own.
- Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to 7 days.