Five Guys is definitely one of our favorite picks when it comes to eating out at fast food restaurants!
Of course, we encourage you to prepare your meals and food at home. It’s not only cost effective, but also healthier since you get to pick and choose ingredients and adjust macros. However, Five Guys keto options aren’t bad at all!
In our recent posts we’ve mentioned a few restaurants with really good nutrition guides, but Five Guys makes it in the top three for sure. They list their macros by ingredient, which is definitely unheard of – but so incredibly helpful for all ketogenics.
Can I do keto at Five Guys?
For example, you can get a bacon cheeseburger or a hamburger patty and customize it with keto diet friendly extras, such as lettuce, onions, grilled mushrooms, hot sauce and more.
If two hamburger patties in the regular burgers are too much for your diet, you can get the little hamburger, little bacon burger or little bacon cheeseburger and cut your calories by nearly a half.
Not really up for a burger? You can choose from four kinds of hot dogs. Not eating cheese? Bacon is an option too. Want more cheese? Double it. More toppings? Go crazy at Five Guys and choose as many as you like, for free!
Looking to try a new keto friendly takeout or fast food option? Read our top 50 keto fast food restaurants post for some ideas.
4 Important Keto Five Guys Tips
- The wonderful thing is, you can always ask for a lettuce wrap instead of the bun. It’s not all out in the open on their menu, so don’t be shy and give it a shot. You can order it at most locations. Not into salad wraps? Simply ask for a bowl, grab a fork and indulge!
- Avoid all kinds of milkshakes and sugary drinks. Don’t know what drink to pick if you’re on the keto diet? Stick to water, unsweetened ice tea or diet sodas (but make sure to check the label just to make sure).
- This one is obvious, but don’t even think about buns or fries. They’re loaded with carbs and in no way, shape, or form, okay on the keto diet.
- We usually tell you to omit all kinds of sauces at fast food restaurants, but Five Guys has a few really good low carb condiments on their menu. A little extra mayo never hurt nobody!
Five Guys Keto Burger Options
Five Guys burgers are super keto friendly! You get to make your own keto burger, with no bun and no high carb extras. Remember to stay away from all kinds of fries, milkshakes and sugar-filled sauces such as the BBQ sauce and the A1 steak sauce.
If you want go keto at Five Guys, here’s a list of things we’re giving a green light to:
1. Hamburger (no bun)
Two patties. Bunless burger. A fork. And an unlimited number of ways you can add toppings to this Five Guys low carb menu option. Don’t forget to skip on the ketchup since it’s high in carbs! Tip: ask an employee at Five Guys to wrap it for you in a lettuce wrap!
Nutrition info: 604 calories; 34g fat; 36g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs
2. Cheeseburger (no bun)
Same as above, but with two slices of American cheese. Ask for no bun so you don’t need to throw it out later (no waste guys!). Add whichever toppings you’d like.
Nutrition info: 744 calories; 46g fat; 44g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
3. Bacon Burger (no bun)
Here you’ll get the regular two patties and four pieces of applewood smoked bacon. Perfect if you don’t eat dairy as well. Pair it with all kinds of free toppings, such as mayo, lettuce, tomatoes and more. Perhaps wrap it in a lettuce wrap if available at your location? Give it a try and ask!
Nutrition info: 684 calories; 41g fat; 40g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs
4. Bacon Cheeseburger (no bun)
Our favorite pick! It has all the goods. Skip the bun on these two burger patties, two slices of American cheese and two slices of crispy bacon. Wanna know a cool tip? You can add extra cheese and bacon for free! This only applies to the bacon cheeseburger, so don’t try it with anything else.
Nutrition info: 824 calories; 53g fat; 48g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
5. Little Hamburger (no bun)
Instead of two patties, you’ll get one hamburger patty. Make sure to order it without the bun to keep it low carb at Five Guys. Scroll down to find out which free extras are keto friendly.
Nutrition info: 302 calories; 17g fat; 18g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs
6. Little Cheeseburger (no bun)
One patty and two slices of American cheese. Five Guys makes fast food and eating out quite easy for those who are on the keto diet. Customize it however you like – add grilled mushrooms, green peppers, grilled onions and more.
Nutrition info: 442 calories; 29g fat; 26g fat; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
7. Little Bacon Burger (no bun)
Here you’ll get one freshly made patty grilled to order with two slices of smoked bacon on top. Make sure to skip on the bread. Go ahead and get crazy with the free toppings.
Nutrition info: 382 calories; 24g fat; 22g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs
8. Little Bacon Cheeseburger (no bun)
Burger patty. Cheese. Bacon. What else can you want? Oh yeah, you can put keto toppings on it. And no worries, we’ve listed these below so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
Nutrition info: 522 calories; 36g fat; 30g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
Five Guys Keto Hot Dog Options
Not really into ordering a burger today? That’s okay since Five Guys also offers hot dogs! What’s really awesome is that they split them lengthwise in the middle to keep all of your extra ingredients inside, without falling out.
To make your meal more filling, add Five Guys menu toppings.
For low carb options, scroll down below.
9. Bacon Cheese Dog (no bun)
Skip on the bread and enjoy this Bacon Cheese Dog with American cheese and crispy smoked bacon. To keep it low carb at Five Guys, order keto friendly toppings such as green peppers, mayo, mustard and more.
Nutrition info: 390 calories; 33g fat; 19g protein; 3g total carbs; 3g net carbs
10. Bacon Dog (no bun)
Simple, but filling option for those who want to stay away from cheese. Ask for no hot dog bun and enjoy a split hot dog with a layer of crispy smoked bacon. Beef up your Bacon Dog with more keto friendly toppings.
Nutrition info: 320 calories; 27g fat; 15g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
11. Cheese Dog (no bun)
Here you’ll get a hot dog, split and grilled lengthwise with a layer of cheese and your choice of low carb meal extras.
Nutrition info: 310 calories; 26g fat; 15g protein; 3g total carbs; 3g net carbs
12. Kosher Style Hot Dog (no bun)
No bread, no cheese, no bacon – just a hot dog split and grilled lengthwise. Eat it on its own or customize it from there with your favorite low carb and keto menu items.
Nutrition info: 240 calories; 20g fat; 11g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
Keto & Low Carb Toppings
- Mayo (111 calories; 11g fat; 0g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs)
- Lettuce (3 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 1g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
- Pickles (4 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 1g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
- Tomatoes (8 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 2g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
- Grilled Onions (11 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 2g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
- Grilled Mushrooms (19 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 1g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
- Mustard (0 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs)
- Onions (11 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 2g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
- Jalapeno Peppers (3 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 1g total carbs; 0g net carbs)
- Green Peppers (3 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 1g total carbs; 0g net carbs)
- Hot Sauce (0 calories; 0g fat; 0g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs)
- Cheese (70 calories; 6g fat; 4g protein; 1g total carbs; 1g net carbs)
What To Avoid at Five Guys
Rule of all the rules: when in doubt, leave it out. In the meantime, avoid these menu items:
- All fries
- All milkshakes
- Bar-B-Que Sauce
- A1 Sauce
Our final opinion
Does life need to be difficult on the keto diet? Absolutely not!
Out of all the fast food restaurants, you can definitely grab a hamburger or even get some low carb hot dogs at Five Guys. Their menu is simple and easy to order from, the nutrition guide is keto friendly as well. We really have nothing negative to pick on at Five Guys, so if you’re wondering which fast food restaurant is keto friendly, Five Guys should be one of your top choices.