When you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want to mess up your perfect macros for the day, we like to turn to this rich and smooth chocolate coated Keto Almond Joy Recipe!
These little fat bombs store great in the fridge and have fat bomb macros so there is 0 guilt involved. If you love coconut, chocolate, and almonds; than this keto almond joy fat bomb recipe is for you.
Easy to Make Almond Joy Candy
Personally, the only candy I ever want to eat out of assorted boxes of chocolates are the coconut ones.
It’s all about the texture for me, and the almond joy recipe we’ve made has that same chewy texture with a slight bite from the hardened chocolate and the almond on top!
You also get to taste the individual flakes of coconut which is important in any good coconut candy! This easy to make healthy and delicious almond joy bar has just 1.4 net carbs (serving size 1 bar) and is ready in an hour.
No Bake Almond Joy Fat Bombs!
The best part about this recipe is that there is no real baking involved! All you have to do is allow the mixture and chocolate to set before digging in. Nothing needs to preheat, bake, or cool.
No bake anything always entices me to make it right away. These are a great option to turn to in times of needing to up your fat without sabotaging your protein or carbs levels, and wanting something small and sweet enough to satisfy your cravings.
This is even something fun to make with your kids as a healthy Halloween treat! We’ve given you a great fat bomb base where you can change up flavors or add extras, like chocolate chips for extra flavor and fun!
How to Make Keto Almond Joy Bars
Ready to make super delicious keto almond joy candy? You’re in luck because these keto almond joy bars are gonna knock your socks off!
Layers of shredded coconut and dark chocolate are the best way to create a flavorful fat bomb that actually tastes good.
To make these almond joy bars you will need unsweetened shredded coconut, unsweetened coconut milk (you can try coconut cream and water if preferred), coconut oil, liquid stevia, almond extract, and xanthan gum.
For their keto friendly chocolate outside you will need Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate, coconut oil, liquid stevia, and raw almonds. If you want to make mounds instead, skip the almond and instead use dark chocolate without stevia.
* Coconut cream is offered as a substitution for milk, but it is much thicker so it may change the texture. Try diluting it half cream and half water to avoid an overly thick mixture.
Making Low Carb Almond Joy Bars
To make these sugar free almond joy bars begin by heating the coconut milk in a sauce pan on low heat. Then add in the coconut oil and coconut flakes. Stir and let it cook down a bit to soften the texture.
Now add in the stevia drops and almond extract. Allow to cook on low for another five minutes and then add the xanthan gum.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and move the coconut mixture to the loaf pan. Continue pressing it down until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Place into the fridge to set for an hour.
Remove the parchment paper and cut the coconut bar into 12 pieces. Optionally if you want a homemade almond joy, now’s the time to press in your almond. Freeze again while you make the chocolate.
To make the chocolate coating melt chopped chocolate, coconut oil, and stevia in the microwave until just melted. Careful to not burn the chocolate, you can avoid this by stirring often.
Pull the fat bombs from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate coating. Store in the fridge and enjoy!
How to Store Keto Almond Joy Bars
These milk chocolate style sugar free chocolate almond joys store great for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Make sure they are in an airtight container and the melted chocolate is set on them before stacking.
To freeze these “milk chocolate” beauties simply toss them into a zip top bag like you would with any type of keto cookies. Then freeze them for up to 3 months.
Whenever you want one, just set it on the counter to defrost for 5 minutes. Now go and enjoy the best keto fat bombs out there. Make sure you hide these homemade goodies or your family might just steal them!
Couldn’t get enough of our homemade almond joy recipe? We know just how good these low carb dark chocolate candy bars are, and want to share even more delicious candy bar style fat bombs!
Our favorite keto fat bombs are:
- 3 Ingredient Fat Bombs– Our
protein powdermacadamia nut fat bombs are the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- Ice Cream Bites Snickers Fat Bombs– If you love candy bars you’re going to love these low carb snickers fat bombs with just 1.4 net carbs a serving.
- Cookie Dough Bites– Almond flour cookie dough is an amazing keto fat bomb because it’s super high fat and packed with chocolate chips.
- Mini Brownie Bites– Brownie bites are delicious served with a drizzle of melted chocolate or some salted peanuts. Get creative and dress up this tasty low carb fat bomb.
If you tried this recipe and decided you were craving even more keto fat bombs, this is the place to start! They are all sugar free, low carb keto friendly, and packed with healthy fats to keep you on track.
Almond Joy Recipe For Fat Bombs!
With Almond Joy and Mounds being two of my favorite candies, I must say this is my favorite fat bomb recipe to date.
These chewy, chocolate, perfect macro fat bombs have won me over! Who knew keto almond joy bars could taste so close to the original I loved growing up!
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Almond Joy Fat Bombs”
Keto Almond Joy Recipe | No Bake Fat Bombs
- Heat a saucepan on low heat and add coconut milk to the pan.
- Add in the coconut oil and coconut flakes, and stir letting it cook down a bit.
- Add in stevia drops and almond extract, stir and let it cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add in xanthan gum and stir.
- Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the coconut mixture into the pan. Press it out evenly over the parchment paper (1/2 inch thick) and let set in fridge for one hour.
- Pull out the parchment paper and cut the coconut bar into 12 even pieces.
- Optional: Place an almond on top and gently press down into center.
- Place almond joys in the freezer as you make the chocolate coating
- Chop the chocolate up and add to a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and stevia to the bowl and microwave until fully melted.
- Pull the almond joys out of the freezer and dip them into the chocolate coating either fully or partially coating them.
- Store in fridge and enjoy!