As breakfast lovers, these Keto Sausage Balls hit the spot! We used a simple fathead dough and pre-seasoned sausage to create our new favorite breakfast recipe. They are quick to whip up for a big Sunday brunch and can be tailored to everyone’s cravings.
Our Favorite Ketogenic Breakfast Recipes!
We could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. We never tire of eggs and bacon, but most importantly, breakfast is so much more than those two foods! We’ve got an entire list of ketogenic breakfast recipes and here are some of our favorite:
Feel free to check out our breakfast recipes section on our food blog for more breakfast recipes. We know eggs can get boring, so we’ve got you covered.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
The Best Keto Meats For Filling
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of breakfast sausage – that’s more of Matt’s arena. I would definitely go the ground beef route with these beauties and toss in some diced onion and tomato to make mini burgers! Some other great options could be Mexican shredded chicken, pulled pork or make it pizza style with cheese, pepperoni and pizza sauce! You really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Keto Sausage Balls For Breakfast
These Keto Sausage Balls will change the way you breakfast. They are a great way to get the entire family involved in the cooking process. You cook the meat and the kids wrap up up the dough! They take less than 30 minutes to whip up and taste great any time of day. Make these keto sausage balls for meal prep this weekend and take them to work all week long.
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Keto Sausage Balls”
Keto Sausage Balls
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz ground breakfast sausage (pre-seasoned)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat a medium skillet to medium high heat.
- Divide the sausage into 6 and roll into balls. Add to the hot skillet and cook through. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Combine using a fork until evenly mixed.
- Add the almond flour and egg and combine as thoroughly as possible. If it does not combine well microwave for another 20 seconds.
- Switch to a spatula if necessary and combine. Pour the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. If it is not evenly combined use your hands to incorporate everything.
- Portion the dough out into 6 even balls.
- Flatten out each ball using your hands or roll it out with another piece of parchment on top (so there is no sticking) and place the cooked sausage in the center. Pull up the side and place the sausage ball, seam side down, on a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all 6 sausage balls are complete and on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until browned on top.
- Best stored in a air tight sealed container in the fridge up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1 Sausage Ball