Are you looking for Chili’s low carb and keto friendly options? Keto dieters in general have a tough challenge ahead of them whenever dining out, especially with all the high carb count menu options and hidden ingredients.
That’s why we always encourage you to cook at home and prepare your own meals, but let’s be honest – we’re all human and it doesn’t matter if we’ve had a busy day or we’re on the road, sometimes dirty keto is the only way to go. No judgement here.
The key to staying in ketosis is to keep your net carbs low. With this guide, you’ll find that keto at Chili’s is not impossible. With slight modifications, there are many Chilis keto friendly options you can choose from.
Bone-In Buffalo Wings
Looking for keto friendly appetizers at Chili’s? Get these bone in wings with buffalo sauce. This menu option comes with celery and a sauce. Scroll down to find a full list of keto friendly dips and dressings.
Nutrition info: 890 calories; 65g fat; 73g protein; 4g total carbs; 3g net carbs
Chili’s Big Mouth Burgers
Burgers are always a safe bet on the ketogenic diet. Just remove the bun and order with no sauce. Things can get a little tricky at Chili’s since some of their burgers have tortilla strips and sugary sauces, but here are our picks for the lowest carb burgers at Chili’s:
- The Boss Burger (no bun, no house BBQ sauce): burger, smoked brisket, rib meat, jalapeno cheddar smoked sausage, bacon and cheddar with lettuce, tomato and ranch.
- Nutrition info: 1290 calories; 99g fat; 85g protein; 12g total carbs; 8g net carbs
- Mushroom Swiss Burger (no bun): burger, sauteed onions, mushrooms, Swiss, lettuce and garlic aioli.
- Nutrition info: 770 calories; 62g fat; 45g protein; 8g total carbs; 5g net carbs
- Alex’s Santa Fe Burger (no bun): beef burger, avocado, pepper Jack cheese, red onion, jalapenos, tomatoes, pickles, cilantro and spicy sauce.
- Nutrition info: 690 calories; 54g fat; 44g protein; 8g total carbs; 6g net carbs
- Just Bacon Burger (no bun): burger; slices of bacon, cheddar, pickles, lettuce, red onion, tomatoes and garlic aioli.
- Nutrition info: 790 calories; 63g fat; 48g protein; 6g total carbs; 5g net carbs
- Oldtimer Burger with Cheese (no bun): beef burger; pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, mustard and cheese.
- Nutrition info: 620 calories; 47g fat; 44g protein; 5g total carbs; 4g net carbs
Classic Ribeye (no mashed potatoes)
Chili’s website describes it as a “marbled, thick-cut steak topped with garlic butter” which sounds absolutely delicious to us. It’s originally served with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, so remember to keep it low carb and ask for broccoli only.
Nutrition info (ribeye only): 630 calories; 40g fat; 67g protein; 0g total carbs; 0g net carbs
Classic Sirloin (no mashed potatoes)
Ask your server for no potatoes and enjoy a seasoned sirloin topped with garlic butter and steamed broccoli. It comes in two sizes – you can order the 6 oz. or the 10 oz. version.
Nutrition info (sirloin only, 6 oz.): 260 calories; 13g fat; 34g protein; 1g total carbs; 0g net carbs
Sirloin with Grilled Avocado
This is one of our favorite keto diet options at Chili’s! It’s seasoned and topped with spicy citrus-chile sauce, grilled avocado slices, cilantro, pico and asparagus on the side. Comes in the 6 oz. or 10 oz. version.
Nutrition info (6 oz.): 340 calories; 16g fat; 38g protein; 13g total carbs; 8g net carbs
Chili’s menu says you can add it to your steak order, but we’re not sure if you can get it by itself. If you can, it’s a great keto diet option. Then, order a few low carb side dishes such as roasted asparagus or a side salad with ranch dressing.
Nutrition info (full): 60 calories; 2g fat; 11g protein; 1g total carbs; 1g net carbs
Caesar Salad (without croutons)
Here you’ll simply get romaine, Parmesan and Caesar dressing. Some locations have their special low carb option, so pick that if available since it has no croutons. There are two sizes you can choose from.
Nutrition info (LC): 160 calories; 14g fat; 3g protein; 7g total carbs; 6g net carbs
House Salad (no croutons, no dressing)
Ask for no croutons and pick a low carb dressing like blue cheese. It has tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers and shredded cheese. Pair it with smoked meat or a grilled steak.
Nutrition info: 70 calories; 3g fat; 3g protein; 8g total carbs; 7g net carbs
Grilled Steak, Carnitas, Chicken or Shrimp Fajitas (no tortilla, rice or beans)
You’ve got three protein to choose from! Remember to order keto without flour tortillas, rice or beans. Then you can add extras such as guacamole or sour cream to your meal.
*Nutrition info: it’s difficult to provide you with calculations for all three since it will depend on how you mix and match add-ons. For all meats by themselves, net carbs are less than 1g.
Bacon Avocado Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no bun)
Grab a fork and dig in! Ask your server for no bun and enjoy a grilled chicken breast, bacon, Swiss cheese, avocado, sauteed onions, lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro-pesto mayo. This keto friendly meal is a great option if you want lean meat and healthy fat (or at least, the healthiest it can get at Chili’s).
Nutrition info: 512 calories; 32g fat; 43g protein; 13g total carbs; 8g net carbs
California Turkey Club (no bun)
Here you’ll get turkey slices, bacon, avocado slices, tomatoes, red onions, Swiss cheese, lettuce and cilantro-pesto mayo. If you’re watching your calories, this sandwich is one of your best options at Chili’s. Still too many? Take out mayo and swap it for mustard instead!
Nutrition info: 407 calories; 31g fat; 23g protein; 9g total carbs; 6g net carbs
Chili’s Smokehouse Combo’s
Chili’s also offers Smokehouse Combo’s, where you can pick two or three meats and choose sides. It’s a great option to have when you’re on the keto diet. Note: our macros include BBQ sauce, since Chili’s nutrition guide doesn’t separate meals by ingredients. Remove it to make it keto.
- Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken (370 calories; 18g fat; 40g protein; 13g total carbs; 12g net carbs)
- Jalapeno Cheddar Smoked Sausage (380 calories; 31g fat; 21g protein; 4g total carbs; 3g net carbs)
- Ribs Original BBQ (710 calories; 53g fat; 49g protein; 10g total carbs; 10g net carbs)
- Smoked Brisket (290 calories; 22g fat; 16g protein; 5g total carbs; 5g net carbs)
Grilled Chicken Dippers
Although these are from the Chili’s kids menu, you can order it and eat it with a keto friendly sauce or combine with a salad to make a grilled chicken salad.
Nutrition info: 300 calories; 20g fat; 28g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
Chili’s Keto Friendly Extras
Sides & Add-ons
- Classic beef patty
- Avocado slices
- Applewood smoked bacon
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Side celery with ranch
- Side salad with ranch
- Steamed broccoli
- Garlic dill pickles
- American cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Swiss cheese
- Fresh guacamole
- Black pepper gravy
- Sour cream
- Wing sauce
Low Carb Salad Dressings
- Ancho chile ranch
- Avocado ranch
- Bleu cheese
- Santa Fe
What To Avoid At Chili’s
- All appetizers (except bone in buffalo wings)
- Crispy chicken (avoid the buffalo chicken ranch sandwich)
- BBQ sauce in ribs (ask for no sauce)
- Boneless wings
- Mashed potatoes
- French fries
- Tortillas and tortilla chips
- Original chili
- Chili burger
- Soups (no clam chowder as well)
- White queso
- All desserts
- Sugary drinks
Our Final Opinion
We think that keto at Chili’s is definitely manageable with a few customizations such as choosing broccoli instead of fries or simply omitting the bun when you get a beef burger. We did all the macro calculations so you don’t have to, but if you want to, check out the Chili’s Nutrition Information Guide here.
One of our top picks is definitely the sirloin with grilled avocado since it’s not only one of the best keto and low carb options, but it’s also high in fats. Classic sirloin or the classic ribeye is probably your safest keto bet as well.