We've set the desserts aside on this one and hit the main dish recipe hard with our Apple Pork Chops! After the pork loin is cooked and resting we add bacon and apple cider vinegar to the pan drippings to create the ultimate pork loin chop topping. It's subtly sweet and acidic with a fatty bacon and onion flavor to cut through the moist pork loin. Watch Matt chef up below!
What Is The Best Way TO Cook Pork Chops?
In our opinion, any meat is best cooked by searing it on the stove top and then finished off in the oven so that the meat remains tender and moist. We use that exact method to cook these chops, and trust us you don't wont to do it any other way. Achieving a crispy sear to the outside of any meat, be it chicken thighs, steak or pork loin chops is pretty essential to ensuring it's delicious. And, by finishing it off in the oven you can be sure that the meat is fully cooked through and to your liking!
The HUGE list of keto friendly foods.
This Is The Best Pork Chop Recipe!
If we're being honest, when Matt tried this recipe the first time he totally winged the pan drippings sauce to top the meat. The original plan was a red wine reduction, but that quickly changed to apple cider vinegar, bacon and cinnamon. The first bite of the drippings and meat was indescribably good! My eyes widened, all my senses were awakened and I instantly felt nostalgia for the fall season. The combination of sweet cinnamon and acidic apple cider vinegar pairs perfectly with the mellow taste of pork loin. It's truly unbeatable!
Pan Seared Apple Pork Chops
Our favorite way to cook meat, as mentioned above, is pan seared and then finished off in the oven, so you can imagine we have more recipes cooked in a similar fashion. This recipe is definitely Matt's favorite, while mine is our crispy chicken thighs - I could honestly eat them everyday! However, with fall almost in full bloom, or honestly, any time of year, we would definitely recommend you give our apple pork chops a try to enjoy fall time in food form!
Recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal - Search "KetoConnect - Apple Pork Chops"
Apple Pork Chops | Bacon and Apple Cider Vinegar Sauce!Print
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and pat them dry.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and add ghee. Once the pan is hot and the ghee is glistening add in the pork chops. After three minutes flip them and allow them to continue to sear for another three minutes. Turn the chops onto their side if there is a strip of fat to crisp it up.
- Place the pork chops in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Once they are cooked set them aside to rest.
- Place the pan that has all the drippings back onto the stove top and scrape up the drippings on medium high heat. Add 1 slice of bacon and allow it cook almost fully. Once the bacon is cooked add in the onion and ginger and let it cook down a couple minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar to the pan along with the liquid stevia and cinnamon. Allow it to reduce on high heat until you get a sticky, thick sauce. When sauce is fully reduced, add 2 tbsp of butter and allow the sauce to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve each chop warm with half the sauce on top. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 1g