Sometimes the hardest part about being on a keto diet is finding High Fat Low Carb Snacks to replace your old snacking ways. A lot of people also struggle with finishing their day off with high fat ratio compared to their protein. So, we’ve put together a short list of our favorite go-to snacks that takes less than 5 minutes to make and will help you round off your day perfectly! Keep an eye on this post because we will be updating it with more snacks as we make them.
Easy Snack Recipes
1. Bulletproof Bone Broth/Chicken Broth: This in particular is Megha’s favorite mid=day snack for the time between lunch and dinner. It’s a great way to easily up your butter by blending some heavy whipping cream, butter, coconut oil or MCT oil in with the broth for a delicious warm afternoon snack.
- Ingredients:1 cup bone broth/chicken broth1/2 cup hot water1 tbsp butter1 tbsp heavy whipping cream1/4 tsp pink salt
Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a blend and blend for 20 seconds until everything is combined. Pour into a glass and enjoy! Note: You can easily swap out ingredients in this recipe to make it to your liking and even add some spices before blending!
2. Crispy Parmesan Hard Boiled Eggs: This is our favorite movie time snack and pre-dinner appetizer! It takes only a couple minutes to make if you have hard boiled eggs and Parmesan in the fridge and is a great balance of protein, fat, crunch and flavors! You can make these as simply or as complex as you want by adding in spices and drizzling with olive oil – our favorite Italian take on this recipe!
- Ingredients:2 hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise1/4 cup grated parmesan1 tbsp olive oil (for coating flat surface of egg)Optional add ins: 1/2 tsp oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes
Instructions: Pour the grated Parmesan onto a plate and heat a small skillet to medium-high heat. Using your fingers coat the flat surface of each egg half with olive oil and place into the Parmesan. If the cheese doesn’t stick well or enough firmly press it onto the egg with your hand. Once coated place in the hot skillet Parmesan side down. Allow to crisp up for 1-2 minutes. The cheese will harden and brown once it is complete. Serving with and additional drizzle of olive oil to up the fat!
3. Chocolate Whipped Topping Dessert: This is by far our favorite high fat snack of all three. We make it almost every night right before dinner and place it in the fridge for the post-dinner indulgence! It takes two to three simple ingredients, plus any additions you want to add! Matt loves adding almond extract and Megha loves adding cocoa powder and sour cream to make it a chocolate cheesecake bowl. This is perfect because it is pure fat making it a delicious way to round off your macros at the end of the day!
- Ingredients:1/4 cup heavy whipping cream2 tbsp cream cheese (we like Whipped)1 tsp cocoa powder1/4 tsp vanilla extract5 drops liquid stevia/monk fruitOptional add ins: almond extract, berries, nuts, cream cheese or sour cream
Instructions: add the hwc to a bowl and whip until you achieve stiff peaks. Add in the cream cheese, stevia and cocoa powder and combine with the hand mixer. Eat immediately or place in fridge for an hour to get maximum whipped topping in a bowl experience!