Keto Mac And Cheese (stove top)
A cream stovetop mac and cheese made out of cream cheese, chicken, and cayenne.
Servings 6 people
Add water to the bottom of a large stockpot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add in the cauliflower florets, cover with a lid and steam for 5-6 minutes.
Once fork tender, drain the water and transfer the steamed cauliflower to another large bowl. Set aside.
Place the stockpot (used to steam cauliflower) back on the stove top at medium heat and add the chicken broth and chicken. Heat through for about a minute.
Turn the heat up to medium-high and add in the cream, butter, cream cheese and seasonings. Combine with a wooden spoon allowing everything to melt and incorporate.
Add in the cheddar cheese and combine using a spoon until fully melted and creamy in texture.
Turn the heat down to medium and add the cauliflower back in. Combine using a spoon making sure all the cauliflower is covered and heated through.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Net Carbs: 6g
Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Instant Pot Version:
- Pour broth or water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Add the chicken, then place a steamer basket full of the cauliflower on top of the chicken.
- Close and seal the lid. Cook on Manual High for 1 minute, then perform a quick release. Remove the basket of cauliflower and set aside.
- Press the Cancel button, then press Saute. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, butter, salt, and peppers to the chicken and broth mixture. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add 1 ½ cups of cheese and stir until melted, then add cauliflower. Press Cancel button. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately, with additional cheese sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 35g | Fiber: 2g